Recipe, Creation and Design Set Up – Photo by Suzanne
This is my beautiful Warm Date Pumpkin Loaf recipe for anytime however perfect in fall and winter after a nice meal this really hits the spot nicely. Super easy to create. Maybe 15 minutes to put together heat and serve.
- Take one date pumpkin loaf (Vegan) in our case and break into bite size chunks put into serving bowl – you can use any loaf even cookies – Vegan of course
- Add anything you want however in my case and these images I put the following:
- 5 vegan chocolate wafers – put as many as you desire as its all about you this dish
- slivered almonds
- hemp hearts
- chia seeds
- dash cinnamon
- dash vanilla
- dried lavender flakes
- a few slivers of finely sliced prunes, dates, turkish apricots – one of, all of or none of – your chocie
- tsp of cacao powder
- tsp of coconut oil
- crunchy nut cereal you may have say a Hemp Plus Crunch would be nice too
- add to the bowl once you have built your dessert – a small amount of almond (you could also use of course Quinoa, Hemp, Soy milk if you prefer) milk enough to somewhat soak the loaf but not drown it
Pop your bowls into a tray and broil in the oven for a quick heating for around 5 – 7 minutes or until beyond warm and closer to hot. The bowls WILL BE HOT so please ensure you use gloves before grabbing them from the tray. I served the bowls on a plate because they were quite hot and best to serve and enjoy right away.
The chocolate wafers will melt and the mixture you have made along with the nut milk will warm the vegan cake and its just beautiful. I am definitely going to be serving this for the special occasions that are during our winter months such as Christmas dessert and just because my family loves it for special treats too.
Some variations could be adding a small amount of alcohol of your choice – e.g. Drambuie or a dash of Cinnamon Whiskey.
You can get creative mix and match. I find things in my cupboard to create and no meal dish is perfectly alike. Sometimes you won’t have the dried prunes for example and hey stress free living is don’t panic simply don’t worry find something else. Win hearts anytime you serve this up. Many oooooo’s and ahhhhhhh’s will come from serving this one up.