Original Creation & Recipe with photo by Suzanne
I was fortunate to find some lovely orange pumpkin pieces for tonight’s dinner. All the other ingredients I had in stock home. Love an easy meal on a cool autumn night. This recipe offer up soft flavors and luscious textures with a melt in your mouth type of moment. This took like no time to make and went down as two thumbs up delicious.
Recipe: Passionate Pumpkin Pleaser
- Put music on. Get your bowls ready and put them on the stove top for warming.
- Get pot of rice going – I use a lovely brown rice in the classic way of 1 cup rice 2 cups water – I also added to the rice a handful of Quinoa for good luck Pop lid on bring to boil and cook until ready.
- I am a bit of a rule breaker on the rice cooking so I do turn it while boiling and I do put in other things such as mixing with Quinoa. I also added a pinch of fresh Lavender for flavor in the kitchen.
- While the rice is cooking take a heavy skillet add a dash of coconut oil and put on a low heat.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, mushrooms and bring to simmer.
- Add dash of red wine to taste and put lid on skillet keep simmering.
- Toss in pumpkin pieces and shopped green onions and keep on a low simmer.
- Add a teaspoon of miso and stir in nicely into a rich gravy.
Take your warm bowls from the stove top and fill them with the scented rice/quinoa mix. The pumpkin mixture should have a lovely rich flavorful almost earthy. Tip the skillet to separate the rich sauce and spoon out bountiful portions onto the rice. Then add the hot rich sauce over the whole dish. Top with nutritional yeast and almond shavings then serve piping hot right away.
Add some Tortilla Chips for some extra crunch or crumble on top for added texture.
This easy meal was a huge hit with my family tonight and all gone not a flake to spare. Feeling all warm and fuzzy now. Yum o!
Super easy super good super nutritious and super all gone 🙂