It was at the end of August 2011 that my husband and I watched this documentary. If we spent the time to watch this, we don’t watch my TV at all, we knew we would be investing into something new. The information for the most part we all know. For us it simply was like a light bulb going off. We are very fortunate to have felt at the time to be in good health although we knew we were much more capable of being in better health. Who wants to have a heart attack? We don’t! This was the first AH HA moment for us and was the push off the comfort shores into the new world order of joining the benefits of a whole food plant based lifestyle. From this show tumbled in others which I will share at another time however this was the epiphany that started our journey to the new lifestyle. Fast forward 14 months and well the results the benefits the inspiration the discipline and the search amount of rewards has been outstanding.
To be clear we thought we were healthy although we knew overweight but hey we eat well don’t we? We take exercise don’t we? We have good relationships don’t we?
Ah – NO were not at all functioning at the best we could from a body energy perspective.
- I have lost 40 lbs. I started out September 1, 2011 at 174lbs today October 11, 2012 I scale in at 136lbs. My husband has lost 40lbs (in one year). Each of our children lost 10 – 15 lbs. Together our family lost 100lbs since September 1, 2011
- We learned that as Cheryl Crows says ” A change will do you good”. We are much more disciplined that we ever imagined and gee we still have room to sharpen that up.
- We feel freer with more time.
- We got to chuck out the baggy over sized clothes and find at good thrift stores awesome new pieces that are today fitted and show off our every improving glowing bodies.
- Our environmental footprint has been slashed in half with far les garbage, much more attention being given to what we buy, how often we need to use the car to get food and we haven’t been in a shopping mall for over a year now – incredible.
- We have saved enormous amounts of money making the complete switch and finding new stores, new items, making foods that we want without stress and following recipes and needing a whole bunch of stuff to make great good.
- My tools are very simple and mostly vintage. E.g. I use my childhood blender that my mother used and it works just fine.
- We stock and store more and have learned many valuable lessons like “who wants to be in the superstore shopping for food when its beautiful outside and we can do for a walk, a cycle, a hike, a trail run, a visit to the gym, a sauna etc.
- We have much more time that it will take months of blogging to get it all down – how fun 🙂
We have not had any animal “product” since September 1, 2011 – nor has any come into our home. We enjoy exercise and that factors in however at the very beginning of any great journey it starts somewhere and in the case of moving to the whole food plant based lifestyle, otherwise known as vegan, it all started with the food.
It’s the food!!!